The vision of Sombra Cosmetic, Inc. is to continue the heritage of our Company and be a premier American manufacturer of top-quality products. We dedicate ourselves to be the supplier of choice when our type of products is being sought. This vision will be accomplished by sharing the responsibilities of planning and decision making with all our employees. Sombra will strive to maintain the image it has developed over the many years with its suppliers, customers, employees and community as a company of excellence.
Sombra Cosmetics is seeking a Quality Control Associate to join our team!
The Quality Control Associate will report to the Compliance manager.
The Quality Control Associate will conduct in-process product line and finished product inspections and document results. Will work with production department to ensure finished products meets specifications.
The Quality Control Associate will work in the quality control unit and will be responsible for product inspections and completing inspection reports. Will assist the lead Quality Control Associate in closing out production batch records and document control. Other duties and responsibilities included but not limited to are:
- Issue manufacturing batch records and production packets.
- Issue labels and components and perform reconciliation after completion of production.
- Perform hourly weight checks on in-process products.
- Review batch records at the completion of production.
- Quality control oversight of batch manufacture.
- Collect and maintain retain sample.
- Other duties as assigned by the Compliance Manager
- Time management and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to communicate clearly with employees, contractors, and customers.
- Must understand quality tools such as: design controls, quality system auditing, inspection methods, statistical sampling plans, gauging studies, design verification and validation and process validation.
- Must have experience in technical documentation methods (e.g., laboratory notebook).
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as statistical inference and probability.
- Ability to apply logic, creativity, and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Demonstrate ownership for the integrity of work.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
Education and Experience:
- High School or equivalent.
- 0 - 2 years of experience in quality assurance or control.
- Knowledgeable in GMP’s, OTC drug manufacture and packaging preferred but not required.
- Bilingual preferred.
*Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
*Equal Opportunity Employer