The Analytical Chemist performs laboratory evaluations and help identify best solutions by reviewing and supporting the analytical needs for Sombra Cosmetics Inc. and our customers.
Shift: Monday thru Friday – 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Creates, develops, and tests compounds and formulas used in products, exercising professional judgment in the evaluation, selection, and modification of applied methods and techniques.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to processes to maintain quality, cost-effectiveness, safety compliance, and other parameters.
- Drafts and distributes laboratory reports detailing results of testing and analysis.
- Maintains documentation for each project assignment; reviews reports written by subordinate staff for accuracy and compliance with professional standards.
- Collaborates with interdepartmental teams.
- Operates, maintains, and tests laboratory equipment; identifies problems when equipment fails and conducts or recommends repairs.
- Drafts standard operating procedures and safety materials.
- Acts as chemical lab manager when needed.
- Ensures compliance with environmental health and safety standards including the proper handling, storage, and disposal of chemical agents.
- Maintains knowledge of federal, state, local, and organizational best practices and environmental health and safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Thorough understanding of chemical tests and processes.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with GC and HPLC equipment is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to develop methods.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to draft laboratory reports.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn software and applications used for chemical tests and analysis.
- Bilingual preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in chemistry or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of related work experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Exposure to various chemicals and compounds.
*Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
*Equal Opportunity Employer