The vision of Sombra Cosmetic, Inc. is to continue the heritage of our Company and be a premier American manufacturer of top-quality products. We dedicate ourselves to be the supplier of choice when our type of products is being sought. This vision will be accomplished by sharing the responsibilities of planning and decision making with all our employees. Sombra will strive to maintain the image it has developed over the many years with its suppliers, customers, employees and community as a company of excellence.
The Analytical Chemist performs laboratory evaluations and help identify best solutions by reviewing and supporting the analytical needs for Sombra Cosmetics Inc. and our customers.
- Creates, develops, and tests compounds and formulas used in products, exercising professional judgment in the evaluation, selection, and modification of applied methods and techniques.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to processes to maintain quality, cost-effectiveness, safety compliance, and other parameters.
- Drafts and distributes laboratory reports detailing results of testing and analysis.
- Maintains documentation for each project assignment; reviews reports written by subordinate staff for accuracy and compliance with professional standards.
- Collaborates with interdepartmental teams.
- Operates, maintains, and tests laboratory equipment; identifies problems when equipment fails and conducts or recommends repairs.
- Drafts standard operating procedures and safety materials.
- Acts as chemical lab manager when needed.
- Ensures compliance with environmental health and safety standards including the proper handling, storage, and disposal of chemical agents.
- Maintains knowledge of federal, state, local, and organizational best practices and environmental health and safety regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Thorough understanding of chemical tests and processes.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with GC and HPLC equipment is required.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to develop methods.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to draft laboratory reports.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn software and applications used for chemical tests and analysis.
- Bilingual preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in chemistry or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least three years of related work experience required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Exposure to various chemicals and compounds.
*Equal Opportunity Employer