The vision of Sombra Cosmetic, Inc. is to continue the heritage of our Company and be a premier American manufacturer of top-quality products. We dedicate ourselves to be the supplier of choice when our type of products is being sought. This vision will be accomplished by sharing the responsibilities of planning and decision making with all our employees. Sombra will strive to maintain the image it has developed over the many years with its suppliers, customers, employees and community as a company of excellence.
The Shipping/Receiving Associate will manage shipping and receiving for Sombra.
- Receives goods and verifies the quality and count of all items unloaded from trucks and trailers; checks against suppliers count and immediately reports discrepancies to carriers, supervisor, and purchasing officer per company policy.
- Verifies and records all items loaded for shipments.
- Carefully and accurately maintains shipping records for requested categories including goods returned, dunnage, and returnable pallets.
- Maintains database of shipment data to ensure that customer orders are updated and that appropriate billing documents are provided to accounting or other associated departments as required.
- Notifies supervisor of major discrepancies, over-shipments, or substitutions.
- Prepares bills of lading and dray tickets for shipments.
- Completes information on damage claims for in-transit damage.
- Transports materials on shipping dock with a hand truck or other vehicle as needed.
- Loads trucks or railroad car using a forklift.
- Performs other clerical duties.
- Ability to accurately sort, count, and verify items received.
- Basic understanding of railway, dock, and warehouse procedures.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and/or inventory software to maintain records, input data, and create reports.
- Bilingual preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- State motor vehicle operators permit for operation of forklift highly preferred.
- Must be able to traverse distribution warehouse and access a variety of storage spaces and shelving units by stretching, squatting, and reaching.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and temperatures in the warehouse and on the loading dock.
- Forklift certification preferred.