The vision of Sombra Cosmetic, Inc. is to continue the heritage of our Company and be a premier American manufacturer of top-quality products. We dedicate ourselves to be the supplier of choice when our type of products is being sought. This vision will be accomplished by sharing the responsibilities of planning and decision making with all our employees. Sombra will strive to maintain the image it has developed over the many years with its suppliers, customers, employees and community as a company of excellence.
The Production Setup Machinist will assemble, arrange, and maintain production machine, develop SOPs and service and maintain preventive schedules, and assurance of compliance with the FDA, cGMP and OSHA standards.
- Sets up production machines following prints and specifications. Assigned machines may include various line equipment, kettles, fillers, and similar equipment.
- Completes Production change overs.
- Chooses, aligns, and securely attaches holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and other materials on machines.
- Applies knowledge of mathematics and instruments to calculate dimensions and tolerances.
- Identifies malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining; adjusts controls of machine to correct errors.
- Inspects and measures completed production units to identify defects caused by machine setup.
- Starts or restarts equipment after power outages or interruptions.
- Maintains a safe and orderly production area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to interpret and translate engineering designs and documentation
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree in Manufacturing/Technical Programming; OR completion of a full apprenticeship program; OR successful completion of suitable company training required.
- At least one year of experience as a fully qualified machinist required.
- Physical ability to operate and repair machines.
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking, bending, and stretching.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.