The vision of Sombra Cosmetic, Inc. is to continue the heritage of our Company and be a premier American manufacturer of top-quality products. We dedicate ourselves to be the supplier of choice when our type of products is being sought. This vision will be accomplished by sharing the responsibilities of planning and decision making with all our employees. Sombra will strive to maintain the image it has developed over the many years with its suppliers, customers, employees and community as a company of excellence.
The Equipment Maintenance Mechanic will apply technical knowledge in processing and packaging operations within FDA compliant facility. Utilizing expertise in preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairing mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities.
- Monitor production lines and assist operators when necessary.
- Document work performed and draft maintenance schedules, SOP’s, operator training aids and train operators on equipment.
- Revise, update and implement preventative maintenance procedures.
- Perform equipment changeovers, set-up, troubleshoot issues and repairs of equipment.
- Provide manufacturing equipment design input for new product developments, layouts, and evaluation of equipment, and/or procedures.
- Drafts and maintains equipment maintenance logs, inventories parts, orders spare/replacement parts.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety laws, regulations, and current best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to clearly communicate with engineering, technical support, sales, and management.
- Thorough understanding of products and equipment used in manufacturing.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills, with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Physical abilities to perform duties.
Education and Experience:
- At least two years of related experience required.
- High School Diploma
- Prolonged periods of standing in factory and at times, sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Manual dexterity to evaluate, install, and modify equipment.
*Equal Opportunity Employer