Inventory Control Specialist
The Inventory Control Specialist ensures that physical inventory of raw materials, components and finished goods matches the data in the Inventory Control (IC) system in quantity and lot numbers. Position is responsible for reconciling physical inventories in all Sombra locations. Position anticipates future raw material, component and finished product needs and ensures that responsible staff are notified in time so that items can be procured or produced in timely manner.
- Monitors physical inventory to ensure that it matches what is in IC. Scraps/dispenses raw material and associated lot numbers in IC when items not usable for production.
- Enters received materials lots, quantities, item numbers into IC.
- Informs Production Manager and IT Manager of anticipated shortfalls in raw materials or problems in raw materials and/or components that could impact production.
- Oversees process when production team pulls raw materials and components from warehouse. Ensures that oldest material is used first and that raw material quantities and lot numbers on shelf match what is in IC.
- Enters into IC quantities and lot numbers of produced goods from batch record. Also enters used raw materials and component quantities and lot numbers into IC.
- Enters lot numbers and quantities of raw materials and components used in production process into MySis program on real time basis during production and packaging.
- Performs cycle counts of physical inventory of raw materials, components, and/or finished goods to ensure match with lot numbers and quantities in IC. Researches mismatches and works with staff to determine root cause of mismatch and initiates processes to prevent similar future errors.
- Recommends process improvements for use of IC and for managing physical inventory.
- Works with staff in all departments
- Builds expertise in IC system
- 6 months experience using enterprise computer software
- High school diploma; at least Associates degree preferred.
- Facility with numbers and Excel
- English fluency
- Familiarity with receiving processes and manufacturing environment preferred
- Willingness and ability to move boxes and barrels in warehouses
- Assertiveness to push back against staff, including higher ranking staff, when necessary
- High attention to numerical and inventory detail
- Self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision
Resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls or walk-ins.