Sombra Cosmetics manufactures OTC pharmaceuticals and private label beauty products in Albuquerque, NM.
The analytical chemist will be responsible for the analytical testing and release of in-process and finished products, ensuring that the laboratory is maintained properly and meets regulatory and company requirements.
- Ensure preventive maintenance is performed at proper intervals for all analytical lab equipment.
- Ensure that product samples are sent to outside analytical labs or analyzed internally in a timely manner.
- Perform analytical testing on in-process and finished products utilizing HPLC, GC, pH meter and viscometer.
- Flag product samples that does not pass testing.
- Receive and evaluate incoming raw materials and post proper labels on them or alert Quality Manager of deficiencies.
- Prefer 1-2 years performing analytical testing on drugs, either OTC or otherwise.
- Prefer one year using a gas chromatography analyzer to assess concentrations of active ingredients.
- Prefer experience using an HPLC to assess concentrations of active ingredients.
- Experience writing and following SOPs.
- Attention to detail and quality control processes.
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or related field.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls accepted.